Have you imagined that a time would come that your employees will work from home? No one was prepared to manage employees while working from home. However the attached article highlights the most useful tips for managers to handle remote teams, and here they are :
1. Trust your employees
2. Set up recruiting one-on-ones
3. Host daily meeting (cyber meeting) especially for on going projects.
4. Set clear expectations
5. When hiring new members, let your employees be part of it.
6. Always take the most advantages of technology
7. Encourage communication, and plan for vertual activities.
8. Let them know that you are investing in them
9. Aim for shorter meetings
10. Keep everyone involved and in the same page
11. Create a routine meeting, and never avoid vedio callings.
12. Celebrate success and lead with empathy
I believe that the most important thing is that employees should feel the responsibility towards the outcomes of their job, accordingly they should be fully aware of the goals and what is really needed to achieve.
Would you like to add anything else?
16 effective management practices for leading remote teams https://flip.it/NUqVza